I spent some years of my adulthood listening to Radio 4.
This did not last long.
We bounced around for a while, but I’ve settled on Boogie in the Morning, on Forth One. This is why:
- Arlene is not marketed as a travel news bimbo. She’s given an equal amount of airtime,
- Boogie is polite to her and doesn’t treat her as ‘less than’ because she is a woman,
- the quiz happens before we have to leave for school,
- I used to listen in the basement of the City Chambers in Edinburgh. Now I listen in my kitchen in the East Lothian Countryside,
- they actually go on a booze cruise with their biggest fans every year,
- there is a cute kid telling a joke every day,
- the banter is pure quality, and
- if it’s a snow day, they let us know!